We interviewed 5 Times World Champion and Dutch legend Raymond Van Barneveld to give you guys more of an insight into one of the biggest players on the world stage:
- How many years have you been playing Darts? I’ve been playing since 1984 so it’s been around 33 years
- When did you first discover you were any good? In 1984 I won a big major tournament in The Netherlands – The Rotterdam Open and later that year I was playing for Holland at the 3 Nations Cup.
- What is your biggest accomplishment so far? 5 World titles and 3 World Cup singles titles, so to me I won 8 World titles in my career, which I would say is an accomplishment.
- If you could give any advice in the key to your success – what would it be? You have to dream where you wanna go from here, I had many dreams where I was seeing myself lifting trophy’s and do all you can do to achive that so practise, be fit and play as much as you can.
- What would be your ultimate achievement in the future? Winning a 6th World title would be great!
- How do you prepare pre game? 3 hours before the match I practise on the day just to warm up, I listen to some music, read a magazine and do some meditation.
- What is your biggest challenge, and what do you do to manage this challenge? I sponsor a team of young talented darts players, but I struggle to find time so I’m hoping to find time to coach them in the future.
- Who would be your inspiration within the industry or in sports? Johan Cruyff and in Darts I was always a big fan of Eric Bristow and Bob Anderson.
- What was the best advice you were ever given? Bob Anderson told me when we are sharing a room during World championships in Lakeside ‘Ray play the board not the player’.
- If you weren’t a professional darts player, what would you want to do? POSTMAN HAHA
Quick fire random questions:
- What is your favourite animal? Cat
- What would be your favourite food? Japanese Sushi and teppanyaki food
- What is your favourite movie? The Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit
- What’s your favourite song that ISN’T your walk in song? I Wish it would rain down – Phil Collins
- How would you describe yourself in one word? IAmABornWinner
- What was the last gift you gave someone? A car
- What were you like in high school? Very shy
- What’s the last thing you watched on TV? Series all the time Sons of Anarchy is the best
- What is the funniest thing that has happened to you recently? My 50th Birthday party and my Grandson Mason he always makes me happy
- What advice would you give your younger Self? Be patient if you work hard your time will come
Power 95 Generation 5 The Power 9Five G5, developed for Phil ‘The Power’ Taylor – 16 times Champion of the World. Phil bowed-out of the PDC circuit at the start of 2018 and wanted to continue his journey with a dart that he felt reflected his experience...
Agora - New Barrel Shape Features a combination of spectacular precision milling and radial grooves to create a premium, yet accessible dart design. Multiple milled cuts on the 4 soft-tip barrel designs mean that Agora provides a suitable yet stunning...
Context is everything. Without context, we are unable to fully appreciate anything - in darts, in sport, or in life in general. At the start of the World Championship, the bookmakers believed only three people were more likely to win the title than the two...
The Rob Cross fairy tale has been unlike no other. A player who has made history with the most incredible debut year, has now shown the world what he is made of with poise, determination and a humbled elegance. Target spoke with the ‘Voltage’ at the...
He has been called The Crafty Potter, The Governor, The Godfather and The Power. He has been described as a winning machine, a competitive animal and a genius. He is Philip Douglas Taylor. It all kicked off in 1986 when Eric Bristow the 5 Time World...
Takoma Wallets The Takoma by Target Darts. A strong EVA material is used to maintain rigidity and give protection to the darts and accessories inside. While inside the wallet a velvet layer has been added for a soft feel and to be scratch resistant. The...
Adrian Lewis Coolplay Shirt 2019 The 2019 authentic dart shirt of Adrian 'Jackpot' Lewis. In a lightweight, breathable material, this shirt from Target Darts is worn by the 2 x World Champion. In a distinctive black and blue colour scheme, this is the...